Friday, December 23, 2011

Arrogance

Vidhu Vinod Chopra - the guy who produced the Munnabhai series and the 3 Idiots blockbuster sat down for an interview. And boy, is he arrogant!! This is the kind of person who is so arrogant that he refuses to see it or acknowledge it. 
On Vidya Balan - 

Hasn't Vidya Balan suddenly become 'the' Vidya Balan? But do you know that I selected her after she had given as many as 31 tests. I kept testing her because I spotted the acting streak in her. I signed her only when she let go of all her inhibitions which I saw in the 31st test where she was literally abusing me under her breath (smiles). Today, I am very proud of her. I have faith in the talent I nurture.
Interestingly he's never spoken of her like before but she becomes the talk of the town now and he wants credit for it.


I remember, once my mom and I were driving in my Maruti towards Mr Bachchan's house to gift him a Phantom (during the days of Eklavya). My mom turned around and said, "You are gifting a Rs 10 lakh car. Why don't you buy it for yourself?' How could I tell her that it was actually worth Rs 4 crore? I am still a man of very simple tastes.
Sure, you just like to talk about the extravagant stuff you can afford to buy and gift

No comments:

Post a Comment