Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Bitter Picture

Last May, Ravi Chandran, the cinematographer for Agneepath decided he was going to quit. He had had enough of the Karans (Johar and Malhotra) and quit the film after 60 days of shooting.
At that time to save face and not to piss of gayman Johar, Ravi insisted that this leave was scheduled because he had another South Indian film to attend to and that there was no dispute which led to his departure.

Flash-forward to Jan 2012.

A week before the film's release, Ravi has been labeled as an "Additional Photographer" for the film! He sot for the film for 60 DAYS and thats what he got???
Anyways, Ravi found out and decided to throw political correctness out the window. Seems like he is pissed more with Malhotra than Johar cos he's now changed his tune to say - 

We had differences of opinion, that's all. I was uncomfortable on the sets, so we parted ways.
Malhotra has very strong ideas on how to make a film. He works in a certain way, which did not agree with me. I couldn't handle it and so I chose to leave. I'd rather work in films where the director and I share the same vision.
Johar wasn't even in the country when I walked out. He and I are still friends. And I'd like to work with him when he wants me to.


His publicist must have walked in and given him a death-look cos then he hastily added - 
Please don't write anything that would hurt my relationship with Karan Johar or Karan Malhotra. They're my friends.


The damage is done, Ravi. Coz Gayman Johar got wind of this interview so he snapped on Twitter. Hopefully your making-up skills are better than putting your foot-in-the-mouth skills!!

No comments:

Post a Comment